Degrees Offered: Baccalaureate (4-year)
Number of Undergraduates: 700
Number of Graduate Students: 60
Major fields of study: Undergraduate: Faculty of International Liberal Arts (Majors: Global Studies, Global Business); Graduate: School of Global Communication and Language (Subject Areas: English Language Teaching Practices, Japanese Language Teaching Practices, Global Communication Practices)
Contact: Travis Senzaki < email@example.com >
– Type of Partnership: Undergraduate student exchange partnership on a tuition-waiver basis, with one year duration for outbound students & one year or one semester for inbound (fall or spring entry available).
– Fields: Global Studies and Global Business (Japanese Language and Japan studies also available for incoming exchange students).
– AIU Features:
1. AIU’s entire content curriculum is offered in English, only. Local and internationals students enroll in the same courses.
2. Courses are conducted in small, liberal arts-style classroom settings.
3. 10 core levels of Japanese language courses available, plus skill-focused and practice courses.
4. All AIU undergraduate students are required to study abroad for one year. Students must meet English language proficiency requirements before study abroad and take content courses while abroad.
5. AIU offers over 40 student clubs and 200 local community interaction opportunities per year.
6. Rural location and close community relationships offer rare access to roots of Japanese culture.
7. All international students and over 90% of local students live in shared, on-campus housing.
8. Over 20% of student body is made up of exchange students from 175 partners in 46 countries.